Words from a Heretic

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Looking Forward: Now What?

2007 for me started off badly. An earthquake in Taiwan disrupted internet connections in the Philippines. I don't know why but it just is. So we had to catch up with stories especially with the newsletter's price going up. Anyway, I realize that I had been so busy that I forgot the one thing that was important. I was starting to forget how to live life. I had been so buried in my work that I had somewhat blocked the rest of the world.

It's a good thing that my cousin asked help for her thesis. Thus, I managed to find a short time to write this entry.

First things first, how was 2006? Well, it was literally a roller coaster ride for me. There were ups and downs. Sort of like a sine graph.

To start off, in January, two of my teammates got promoted but were transferred to other teams. It was a mixed emotion. I was happy but at the same time sad. It was also during this month that I sort of made a fool of myself. How? Sang in front of my officemates during my boss' birthday party.

Then in April I got promoted to managing editor. More pay but tons of work. As a everyone's favorite wall-crawler would say, with great power comes great responsibility.

June (or July I think) marked the officialy release of the "dreaded" newswire.

September was the month, I believe, for me. First, I went to Manila and got to see and talk to my ex after five years. She is still a dear friend, mind you. Of course, it was also my birthday. But the biggest event though was breaking up with my then current girlfriend. One month short of us celebrating what was to be two years.

In October I got suspended, with pay, with pay, with pay. We also had a "restructuring" in the office. It was also during this month that a newbie in the office got to be a close friend. Before you think of anything else, yes, the noobs a she. In fact, she's the younger sister of another friend and is also from Iligan. Oh, and I also joined a dance presentation during our annual office activity at Cebu's family park.

In November I got involved in something what most people would say I shouldn't have.

Finally in December, I once again joined a dance presentation (what is it with dances?) at our Christmas party. The most memorable event though was when I went to Bicol and spend the holidays with my grandmother. Words can't really express what I felt when I saw her smile upon seeing me.

So that's it. The year that was. Question is, what now? What is in store for me this coming year?

Simple. I don't freakin know. But that won't stop me. Going into the unknown has always been a challenge for me.

Buit being the person that I am, there are already tentative plans in store. Well, three plans so far. A visit to tops in February. A Bohol getaway in March. A Boracay escapade in July. Cool huh?

By the way, I had a haircut this January 2007. Talk about doing something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home