Words from a Heretic

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A reflection on the year that was.

Time check: 9:30 p.m. September 21, 2005.

In a few hours time I'll be a year older. It will be that time of the year when I look back and see what I have done in the past year. So what did happen for a year? Well, it was mostly good things to be frank about it. There were some downhill moments but it was generally good. I can say that this year has been a blessing for me.

For starters I had a talk with my mom sometime in November. After so many years, I finally told her my angsts. My feelings when I was in Manila. What really happened. After that, it was as if a burden was really lifted of my back.

I also started on my first formal job and have just been regularized. I met some cool people in the office that I consider as friends. More importantly, I'm enjoying my work.

I also had a new girlfriend. Most people kid me because she's a whole lot younger than me. So what did I like about her? She likes to read books.

Well, that's about it. The main points really.

So what will I do tomorrow? I'm going to renew my driver's license. After that I'll probably go home and sleep. Or maybe finish the book I'm reading. I'm really not into this birthday celebration thing. Yes, birthdays should be happy. And yes, it should be enjoyed. For me though, it's more of a reflection. Most people just count their age during their birthdays and plan what to do next. Most of us rarely look back at the past.

Birthdays. Date of birth. This is the day that we were brought into this world. Whether you believe in destiny or not, we have a purpose for being here. A birthday is a day when we should ask ourselves what we were meant do. And if we know the answer to that, look inside and see if we have served that purpose.

So why am I here? Well after 28 years, I still have no idea. But it doesn't bother me. The fun is in the adventure in looking for that purpose. And during that journey, I get to met new people. I get to help people.

So what lies ahead for me? I'll just have to find that out for myself.

So to Pilosopong Tasyo, to Squidballs, to Diceman, to Jolens. to Jazzindahaws, to Toton...

Happy Birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home